This preserved some of the freedom of hand-painted decoration, while it enabled Rose to keep up the pace of production.
It is surprising that in their fourteen years of production at least 1419 different pattern numbers were made plus the unnumbered blue-and-white designs.
The Anstice Works were taken over by the John Rose company in 1814 and the two factories were united.
In the end of 18th century Coalport was a small settlement on the banks of river Severn, an area noted for producing ceramics since Roman times.
It was called "Coalport" after the coal that was transferred from canal to river vessels at this junction.
They bought the Caughley pottery in 1799, set up another at nearby Jackfield a year later, and shortly afterwards moved the business to Coalport.